Pennsylvania Academy Of Arts
Designed By:Frank Furness
Founded in 1805 by painter and scientist Charles Willson Peale, sculptor William Rush, and other artists and business leaders.
The Academy was reconstructed after the fire of 1845, and 23 years later steps were taken to construct a building more worthy of its treasures, the current Furness-Hewitt building opened in 1876.
Designed By: Unknown
The house has a double projecting (and recessed) portico on the west facade, which faces away from the river and toward the land side approach from Ashley River Road. The double projecting portico resembles a similar feature at Villa Cornaro, a country estate near Venice, Italy
The South Carolina Department of Archives and History claims that Drayton Hall is "without question one of the finest of all surviving plantation houses in America