| || |
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(4 customer reviews)
Derived from the content of the respected McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th Edition, this quick-find resource provides thousands of definitions of words and phrases encountered in the fields of electrical and computer engineering. Additional features include: a pronunciation guide for every term, acronyms, crossreferences,and abbreviations, and appendices with valuable tables.
Fields covered include:
* Computer Science
* Control Systems
* Design Engineering
* Electrical Systems Engineering
* and much more!
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1326837 in Books
- Brand: McGraw Hill
- Published on: 2004-07-27
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 8.40" h x 1.47" w x 5.50" l, 1.95 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 504 pages
- ISBN13: 9780071442107
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
From review by: M. T. Kochis, California State University, Sacramento
This dictionary focuses broadly on electrical, computer, and electronics engineering and touches on related areas such as mathematics and communications. It arranges headwords alphabetically and precedes each term with an abbreviation for its field, which helps place terms in context, e.g., "electromag" for electromagnetism. The approximately 18,000 terms are taken from McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms (6th ed., CH, Mar'03), a much larger dictionary (110,000 terms) that covers both natural and applied sciences. Since most libraries these days cannot afford to duplicate content, academic and public libraries will want the more comprehensive dictionary...Practicing engineers could benefit from the present dictionary because of its tighter focus and lengthy appendixes... (Choice 2005-01-01)
From the Back Cover
THE LANGUAGE OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you're a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of electrical and computer engineering or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
With definitions that are written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Electrical and Computer Engineering:
* Features over 15,000 entries that fully define the language of electrical and computer engineering
* Includes hundreds of synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers over a dozen related fields, including communications, control systems, engineering acoustics, navigation, and systems engineering
* Includes an extensive appendix containing tables of standard equations, special constants, general rules of differentiation and integration, and a family tree of computer programming languages, among many others
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms –- for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.
About the Author
Compiled by the editorial staff of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology.
Most helpful customer reviews
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
By L Clark
Contains the definitions and spellings I need to reference. Inexpensive compared to other offerings too. Tiny font size, but then it packs a lot of info into a small, thick volume.
2 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
By Kittipong Tripetch
The cover of the book which I have been received look different from the one amazon.com have been shown but the meaning of the vocabulary is very good.
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
By L.W. Brittian