| || |
Civil Engineering All-In-One PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth, Third Edition
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(9 customer reviews)
The most complete, current civil engineering PE exam guide
Thoroughly revised to comply with the new PE Civil syllabus, effective April 2015, and the latest specifications and design standards, Civil Engineering PE All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition, covers all the topics on the Principles and Practice of Civil Engineering exam, given by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). This edition features two new chapters on building analysis and design and quantity estimating as well as new and updated material throughout.
Presented in the Breadth and Depth format of the actual exam, this authoritative volume provides equations, diagrams, exam preparation strategies, and more than 190 end-of-chapter practice questions with solutions. Designed to help you pass the exam with ease, this comprehensive resource also serves as an essential on-the-job reference.
Covers all exam topics, including:
- Structural: loadings; analysis; mechanics of materials; materials; member design
- Geotechnical: site characterization; soil mechanics; laboratory and field testing; earthquake engineering; earth structures; groundwater and seepage; shallow and deep foundations; retaining structures
- Water resources and environmental: hydraulics; hydrology; water quality, treatment, and distribution; wastewater treatment
- Transportation: traffic analysis and planning; geometric design; intersection analysis; signalization and traffic control; traffic safety
- Construction: earthwork construction and layout; estimating quantities and costs; construction operations and methods; scheduling; material quality control and production; temporary structures; health and safety
- Amazon Sales Rank: #121348 in Books
- Brand: McGraw-Hill Professional
- Published on: 2015-07-06
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.50" h x 2.10" w x 7.50" l, 4.85 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 1344 pages
About the Author
Indranil Goswami, Ph.D., PE, is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Maryland and he teaches and conducts research at Morgan State University. Dr. Goswami has served as the president of the Baltimore Chapter of the Maryland Society of Professional Engineers. He has taught PE (Civil) Review and FE Review courses, and received the Educator of the Year Award from the Maryland Society of Professional Engineers in 2003.
Most helpful customer reviews
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
Excellent review for the Civil PE exam
By Amazon Customer
Excellent review for the Civil PE exam. I used it to prepare for the breadth and depth portions of the civil PE exam. Would recommend purchasing "Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: Breadth and Depth" by Goswami as well.
4 of 6 people found the following review helpful.
The Civil Engineering All-In-One Exam Guide is one of the ...
By Amazon Customer
The Civil Engineering All-In-One Exam Guide is one of the most comprehensive books I've purchased, and combined with the reasonable cost, this book provides the essential information required to successfully prepare for and take the Professional Engineering exam.
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
By Samuel B Baker III
It was very helpful for the PE Civil morning exam.