| || |
Solar Energy Engineering, Second Edition: Processes and Systems
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(3 customer reviews)
Energy policy promoting sustainable development is transforming global energy markets. Solar power, the most abundant of all renewable resources, is crucial to greater achieving energy security and sustainability. This new edition of Solar Energy Engineering: Processes and Systems from Prof. Soteris Kalogirou, a renowned expert with over thirty years of experience in renewable energy systems and applications, includes revised and updated chapters on all areas of solar energy engineering from the fundamentals to the highest level of current research. The book includes high interest topics such as solar collectors, solar water heating, solar space heating and cooling, industrial process heat, solar desalination, photovoltaic technology, solar thermal power systems, modeling of solar energy systems and includes a new chapter on wind energy systems. As solar energy’s vast potential environmental and socioeconomic benefits are broadly recognized, the second edition of Solar Energy Engineering: Processes and Systems will provide professionals and students with a resource on the basic principles and applications of solar energy systems and processes and can be used as a reference guide to practicing engineers who want to understand how solar systems operate and how to design the systems.
- Written by one of the world’s most renowned experts in solar energy with over thirty years of experience in renewable and particularly solar energy applications
- Provides updated chapters including new sections detailing solar collectors, uncertainties in solar collector performance testing, building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV), thermosiphonic systems performance prediction and solar updraft tower systems
- Includes a new chapter on wind energy systems
- Packed with reference tables and schematic diagrams for the most commonly used systems
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1123206 in Books
- Published on: 2013-11-28
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.25" h x 1.75" w x 7.52" l, 4.06 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 840 pages
"...Elsevier Science and Technology Books...has published three books about solar energy...masterworks from world-renowed experts who have championed solar energy for decades...Solar Energy Conversion Systems,...Solar Energy Engineering,...and Solar Energy Markets" - EnergieVision.com, September 2014
Most helpful customer reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
By Amazon Customer
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
This book was terrible. Multiple typos, and confusing with no references to previous variable names.
0 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
No problems with the product, but I was improperly ...
By Hendrius Oliveira
No problems with the product, but I was improperly charged with import tariff. I am in Brazil and we know that books should not be taxed.