| || |
Engineering Economy (15th Edition)
(74 customer reviews)
Engineering Economy, 15e, is ideal for undergraduate, introductory courses in Engineering Economics. It also is a useful reference for engineers interested in reviewing the basic principles of engineering economy.
style="margin: 0px;">Used by engineering students worldwide, this best-selling text provides a sound understanding of the principles, basic concepts, and methodology of engineering economy. Built upon the rich and time-tested teaching materials of earlier editions, it is extensively revised and updated to reflect current trends and issues, with an emphasis on the economics of engineering design throughout. It provides one of the most complete and up-to-date studies of this vitally important field.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #678411 in Books
- Published on: 2011-01-06
- Ingredients: Example Ingredients
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.20" h x 1.60" w x 7.40" l, 2.24 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 672 pages
From the Back Cover
Engineering Economy Fifteenth Edition
William G. Sullivan Elin M. Wicks C. Patrick Koelling
A succinct job description for an engineer consists of two words: problem solver. Broadly speaking, engineers use knowledge to find new ways of doing things economically. Engineering design solutions do not exist in a vacuum but within the context of a business opportunity. Given that every problem has multiple solutions, the issue is: How does one rationally select the design with the most favorable economic result? The answer to this question can also be put forth in two words: engineering economy. Engineering economy provides a systematic framework for evaluating the economic aspects of competing design solutions. Just as engineers model the stress on a support column, or the thermodynamic response of a steam turbine, they must also model the economic impact of their recommendations. Engineering economy is the subject of this textbook.
Highlights of Engineering Economy, Fifteenth Edition:
- Numerous green engineering examples and problems are new to this edition. Many incorporate energy conservation in commonly experienced situations. These elements pertain to engineering economy problems involving energy conservation, materials substitution, recycling, and other green situations. These green elements will be denoted with a vertical green rule and icon.
- Tightly integrated hybrid media using videos of selected problems and examples are featured to enhance problem solving and understanding. These videos are keyed to material in the text with an icon, showing that this resource can be accessed at www.pearsonhighered.com/sullivan. These icon-designated instances are intended to reinforce the learning of engineering economy through analogy with the marked problems and examples, and students are encouraged to take advantage of their availability.
- Over 200 new end-of-chapter problems have been added to this edition. Many are personal interest and current events types of problems.
- PowerPoint visual aids for instructors have been expanded and enhanced.
- A few chapters have been abbreviated to promote more concise and readable topical coverage.
- Many new spreadsheet models of engineering economy problems have been added to the fifteenth edition.
- Answers to selected end-of-chapter problems are included in Appendix G.
- We continue to support TestGen, which algorithmically generates a multitude of test questions (and answers). This useful resource for instructors may be accessed at www.pearsonhighered.com/sullivan.
- Student resources include Pearson e-Text, a complete online version of the book that includes highlighting, note taking, and search capabilities and access to the Video Solutions files which accompany this text, as well as additional student study resources. All end-of-chapter problems with an icon indicate the availability of some form of Video Solutions.
We make available for information whatever we consider to be a good source of information to Engineering students and practitioners.
If you have any complaint about any of our partners products, please let us know by writing a review at Amazon Product Reviews, so that we may remove it from our store