| || |
Engineering Design and Graphics with SolidWorks 2014
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(2 customer reviews)
style="margin: 0px;"> Engineering Design and Graphics with SolidWorks 2014 shows students how to use SolidWorks to create engineering drawings and designs. The book focuses on the creation of engineering drawings, including dimensions and tolerances and the use of standard parts and tools. Each chapter contains step-by-step sample problems that show students how to apply the concepts presented in the chapter.
style="margin: 0px;">Effective pedagogy throughout the texthelps students learn and retain concepts:
- Objectives: Each chapter begins with objectives and an introduction to the material.
- Summaries: Each chapter concludes with a summary and exercise problems.
- Numerous illustrations: The multitude of illustrations, accompanied by explanatory captions, present a visual approach to learning. Students see in the text what they see on the screen with the addition of explanatory text.
- Practical application: The text provides hundreds of exercise projects of varying difficulty (far more than any other computer graphics text). These exercises reinforce each chapter’s content and help students learn by doing.
- Flexibility: With the hundreds of problems presented in the book, instructors can assign different problems within the same class and from year to year without repeating problems for students.
- Meets standards: The text teaches ANSI standards for dimensions and tolerances. This helps students understand how their designs are defined for production and the importance of proper tolerancing.
- Step-by-step approach: In presenting the fundamentals of engineering drawing using SolidWorks, the text uses a step-by-step approach that allows students to work and learn at their own pace.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #986105 in Books
- Brand: Peach Pit Press
- Published on: 2014-08-10
- Ingredients: Example Ingredients
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 10.80" h x 1.10" w x 8.40" l, .0 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 768 pages
About the Author
style="margin: 0px;"> James D. Bethune (East Greenwich, RI) is the author of several top textbooks on Engineering Graphics and Computer Aided-Design. He has a doctor’s degree in education from Boston University where he was also on staff as an Associate Professor and was awarded the College of Engineering Professor of the Year.
Most helpful customer reviews
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
The book spells everything out pretty well if you are doing it on your own
By J. Casper
Taking the class with Soldworks 2015-2016. All the information is current enough. The book spells everything out pretty well if you are doing it on your own, with the only exception is the order in which tools and topics are brought up is kind of out of order. If you get stuck look multiple chapters ahead to find the answer.
0 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
Ordered for School
By Robert E. Howes
Ordered for School