| || |
Engineering Formulas Interactive
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from and sold by Pink-Panther
(5 customer reviews)
- IntellismTM allows you to change parameters at will; calculate results easily; graphically plot results; evaluate formulas for a range of values; and copy formulas and results to clipboard.
- Intellism TM supports algebraic, differential, and mixed-equation systems so you'll be able to customize formulas, and modify and combine each formula on the Engineering Formulas Interactive CD-ROM with other equations.
- The reference contains over 450 units conversions, 180 term definitions, plus every significant engineering subject with applicable formulas, all arranged alphabetically.
- It also includes properties of materials, formulas for geometric figures and formulas for structural sections.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1852614 in Books
- Brand: Brand: Industrial Press, Inc.
- Published on: 1999-01-01
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 7.00" h x 1.20" w x 5.00" l, 1.38 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 402 pages
- Used Book in Good Condition
About the Author
Frank Sims has worked for many years as a plant engineer before recently retiring. His on-the-job experience was both broad-based and practical an included work in electrical engineering; automation; industrial plant building; equipment project engineering; project engineering in origination and layout design; specifications; bids; and both large and small project completion.
Most helpful customer reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
EXCELLENT QUICK REFERENCE BOOK FOR ENGINEERS AND OTHER TECHINICAL INDIVIDUALS FOR QUICK CALCULATIONS.
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
over-priced and very elementry
By A Customer
This book has large print and small pages, thus making it seem that there is more to it than what there really is. Most of is unit conversions, a subject that is more than adequately covered by shareware and the public domain. The author might rethink his marketing stratigy and reduce the price to 14.95 for book and CD combo, He also possibly make the software shareware when he finds out the market is smarter than he thinks it is. Another futuristic avenue for the book would be as a "freebie" item that a company could give to one's better customers. To do this you would have to a quanity of the books at 1 - 5 cents on the dollar. (Reference the NATCO conversion book)- I expected more for "Industrial Press" (the publishers) because the print the classic "Machinery Handbook" which is finally now available in CD format.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
By A Customer
If you have ever spent hours looking through old college textbooks trying to find that obscure formula that you only learned for the test, then this is the book for you. All the formulas that an engineer pretty much uses on a day to day basis are here. Better yet not a lot of other verbage that you don't need. This book gives you the formulas you need, a very brief explanation and places them all in easy to find alphabetical order. Highly recomended.