| || |
Engineering Formulas for Metalcutting
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(1 customer reviews)
- Linear regression equations for converting Rockwell, Vickers, Knoop, and Scleroscope hardness numbers into Brinell hardness numbers.
- Formulas and linear regression equations for calculating ultimate tensile strength of the most commonly used work materials in relationship with their hardness.
- Formulas for calculating the number of inserts simultaneously engaged with the workpiece depending on milling conditions.
- Formulas to calculate machining time when facing, cutoff, and deep grooving and for feed and radial forces in relationship with tangential force.
- Set of formulas to calculate overhang of boring bars made of tungsten heavy alloys and cemented carbides in comparison with a boring bar made of steel.
- Formulas for metal removal rate and for calculating tangential and axial forces.
- Establishes power constant values for most commonly used work materials.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1814424 in Books
- Published on: 2003-01-11
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 7.00" h x .80" w x 5.00" l, .63 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 240 pages
About the Author
Dr. Edmund Isakov, Ph.D has had a long and distinguished career in metalworking. He is known in research, development, and applications of cutting tools for milling, turning, and boring. Dr. Isakov has authored Mechanical Properties of Work Materials (Hanser-Gardner) and numerous articles and papers on metalcutting. He holds six U.S. patents and ten U.S.S.R. Inventor's Certificates pertaining to carbide and diamond tools. During nearly two decades at Kennametal Inc., he became a noted authority on the technical analysis of cutting tools. Dr. Isakov currently is an independent consultant and writer.
Most helpful customer reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
The complementary book for cutting concepts.
By jaime zamora alvarado
This book is a complementary to the CD Advanced Metalcutting Calculators by Edmund Isakov and
the Machinist Calc Pro calculator. They are some powerful tools for learning about cutting processes, tool machine, cutting velocities, feed and workpieces at the work shop.
It is for me a proud to recommendate this three items in order to learn about cutting processes.
February 6. 2014