| || |
Traffic Engineering Handbook
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(1 customer reviews)
Get a complete look into modern traffic engineering solutions
Traffic Engineering Handbook, Seventh Edition is a newly revised text that builds upon the reputation as the go-to source of essential traffic engineering solutions that this book has maintained for the past 70 years. The updated content reflects changes in key industry standards, and shines a spotlight on the needs of all users, the design of context-sensitive roadways, and the development of more sustainable transportation solutions. Additionally, this resource features a new organizational structure that promotes a more functionally-driven, multimodal approach to planning, designing, and implementing transportation solutions.
A branch of civil engineering, traffic engineering concerns the safe and efficient movement of people and goods along roadways. Traffic flow, road geometry, sidewalks, crosswalks, cycle facilities, shared lane markings, traffic signs, traffic lights, and more—all of these elements must be considered when designing public and private sector transportation solutions.
- Explore the fundamental concepts of traffic engineering as they relate to operation, design, and management
- Access updated content that reflects changes in key industry-leading resources, such as the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM), Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), AASSHTO Policy on Geometric Design, Highway Safety Manual (HSM), and Americans with Disabilities Act
- Understand the current state of the traffic engineering field
- Leverage revised information that homes in on the key topics most relevant to traffic engineering in today's world, such as context-sensitive roadways and sustainable transportation solutions
Traffic Engineering Handbook, Seventh Edition is an essential text for public and private sector transportation practitioners, transportation decision makers, public officials, and even upper-level undergraduate and graduate students who are studying transportation engineering.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #686535 in Books
- Published on: 2016-01-26
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 11.20" h x 1.60" w x 8.80" l, .0 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 688 pages
From the Back Cover
THE GO-TO TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING REFERENCE, FULLY UPDATED AND REVISED
Traffic Engineering Handbook, Seventh Edition has been revised to reflect the most current state of the field, while retaining the comprehensive practice-oriented approach that has made this book a trusted reference for over seventy years. Restructured to promote a multimodal approach to planning, design, and implementation, this edition provides up-to-date coverage on all aspects of traffic engineering.
- Understand the fundamental principles of traffic engineering in design, operation, and management in the context of current practice
- Gain insight on the latest developments and issues, including sustainability, accessibility, and context-sensitive design
- Get up to speed on the recent changes to the Highway Capacity Manual, Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Highway Safety Manual, and more
- Learn the full spectrum of the field's widening scope and a cross-disciplinary approach to transportation solutions
Traffic Engineering Handbook, Seventh Edition is the essential resource for anyone involved in transportation engineering.
About the Author
INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERS is an international educational and scientific association of over 15,000 professionals, with a diverse network of practitioners providing geographic balance and perspective.
DR. BRIAN WOLSHON is the Edward A. and Karen Wax Schmitt Distinguished Professor of Engineering in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Louisiana State University. He has also served research appointments at Sandia National Laboratories and Los Alamos National Laboratory.
DR. ANURAG PANDE is an Assistant Professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo, and has co-authored more than 25 papers that have been published in peer-reviewed transportation journals.
Most helpful customer reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
By Jasper Junio