| || |
Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks 2013 and Video Instruction DVD
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(12 customer reviews)
Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks 2013 and Video Instruction DVD is written to assist technical school, two year college, four year university instructor/student or industry professional that is a beginner or intermediate SolidWorks user. The book combines the fundamentals of engineering graphics and dimensioning practices with a step-by-step project based approach to learning SolidWorks with the enclosed 1.5 hour Video Instruction DVD. Learn by doing, not just by reading!
The book is divided into two parts: Engineering Graphics and SolidWorks 3D CAD software. In Chapter 1 through Chapter 3, you explore the history of engineering graphics, manual sketching techniques, orthographic projection, isometric projection, multi-view drawings, dimensioning practices and the history of CAD leading to the development of SolidWorks.
In Chapter 4 through Chapter 8, you apply engineering graphics fundamentals and learn the SolidWorks User Interface, Document and System properties, simple parts, simple and complex assemblies, design tables, configurations, multi-sheet, multi-view drawings, Bill of Materials, Revision tables, basic and advanced features. Follow the step-by-step instructions in over 70 activities to develop eight parts, four sub- assemblies, three drawings, and six document templates. Formulate the skills to create and modify solid features to model a 3D FLASHLIGHT assembly. Chapter 9 provides a bonus section on the Certified SolidWorks Associate CSWA program with sample exam questions and initial and final SolidWorks models. Passing the CSWA exam proves to employers that you have the necessary fundamental engineering graphics and SolidWorks competencies.
Review individual features, commands, and tools for each project with the book s 1.5 hour Video Instruction DVD and SolidWorks Help. The chapter exercises analyze and examine usage competencies based on the project objectives. The book is designed to compliment the SolidWorks Tutorials located in the SolidWorks Help menu. Each section explores the SolidWorks Online User s Guide to build your working knowledge of SolidWorks.
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each project. Know your objectives up front. Follow the step-by step procedures to achieve your design goals. Work between multiple documents, features, commands, and properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SolidWorks in industry. The authors developed the industry scenarios by combining their own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, vendors, and manufacturers. These professionals are directly involved with SolidWorks everyday. Their responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model.
Table of Contents
1. History of Engineering Graphics
2. Isometric Projection and Multi View Drawings
3. Dimensioning Practices, Tolerancing, and Fasteners
4. Introduction to SolidWorks Part Modeling
5. Revolved Features
6. Swept, Loft and Additional Features
7. Assembly Modeling
8. Fundamentals of Drawing
9. Introduction to the Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1630041 in Books
- Brand: Brand: SDC Publications
- Published on: 2013-02-18
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 10.75" h x 8.50" w x 1.00" l, 2.70 pounds
- Binding: Perfect Paperback
- 504 pages
- Used Book in Good Condition
From the Author
Classroom support materials for this book (presentations, projects, avi files, labs, quizzes, and initial and final SolidWorks model files) are available to all instructors.
All updated books have new SolidWorks Tutorials.
View the provided videos to enhance your user experience.
- SolidWorks Interface
- 2D Sketching, Sketch Planes and Sketch tools
- 3D Features and Design Intent
- Creating an Assembly
- Fundamentals in Drawings Part 1
- Fundamentals in Drawings Part 2
About the Author
David Planchard is the founder of D&M Education LLC. Before starting D&M Education, he spent over 27 years in industry and academia holding various engineering, marketing, and teaching positions and degrees. He holds five U.S. patents and one international patent. He has published and authored numerous papers on Machine Design, Book Design, Mechanics of Materials, and Solid Modeling. He is an active member of the SolidWorks Users Group and the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE). David holds a BSME, MSM with the following Professional Certifications: CCAI, CCNA, CCNP, CSWA, CSWP, CSDA, CSWSA-FEA. David is a SolidWorks Solution Partner, an Adjunct Faculty member and the SAE advisor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in the Mechanical Engineering department.
Marie Planchard is the Director of World Education Markets at DS SolidWorks Corp. Before she joined SolidWorks, Marie spent over 10 years as an engineering professor at Mass Bay College in Wellesley Hills, MA. She has 14 plus years of industry software experience and held a variety of management and engineering positions. Marie holds a BSME, MSME and CSWP, CSDA, CSWSA-FEA. She is an active member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
David and Marie Planchard are co-authors of the following books:
- A Commands Guide for SolidWorks 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
- Assembly Modeling with SolidWorks 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2005-2004, 2003 and 2001Plus
- Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002 and 2001/2001Plus
- Engineering Design with SolidWorks with Multimedia CD 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001Plus, 2001 and 1999
- Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks and Video Instruction 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- SolidWorks: The Basics with Multimedia CD 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 and 2003
- SolidWorks Tutorial with Video Instruction 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2001/2001Plus
- The Fundamentals of SolidWorks: Featuring the VEXplorer robot, 2008 and 2007
- Official Certified SolidWorks Associate Examination Guide, Version 4, 2012, 2011, 2010 Version 3; 2011, 2010, 2009, Version 2; 2010, 2009, 2008, Version 1; 2007
- Official Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) Certification Guide with Multimedia DVD, 2011, 2010
- Official Guide to Certified SolidWorks Associate Exams: CSWA, CSDA, and CSWSA-FEA, Version 1; 2013, 2012
- Applications in Sheet Metal Using Pro/SHEETMETAL & Pro/ENGINEER
Most helpful customer reviews
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Great book for a first time user
By Sarah Wilkinson
There were times when the lack of proof reading or editing became pretty obvious, but there was never anything that took away from the overall effectiveness of the book. All basic drafting methods are covered, as well as basic assemblies and mates. While any theory behind electronic drafting is rarely discussed, the author teaches by having student perform a series of specific steps to create a part or assembly, and this learn by doing approach is still effective. Using only this book and the tutorials included with the Solidworks software I was able to pass the Certified Solidworks Associate Exam on the first try with a perfect score. This book actually covers somewhat past the material that's on the exam and begins an introduction to basic flow modeling and other more advanced methods.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
but not a good reference
By Alan R.
step by step tutorial, but not a good reference book
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
By Amazon Customer
Didn't by this product