| || |
Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks 2014 and Video Instruction
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fulfilled by Amazon and Sold by AmericanBookBrokersAssn
(9 customer reviews)
Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks 2014 and Video Instruction is written to assist technical school, two year college, four year university instructor/student or industry professional that is a beginner or intermediate SolidWorks user. The book combines the fundamentals of engineering graphics and dimensioning practices with a step-by-step project based approach to learning SolidWorks with video instructions. Learn by doing, not just by reading.
The book is divided into two parts: Engineering Graphics and SolidWorks 3D CAD software. In Chapter 1 through Chapter 3, you explore the history of engineering graphics, manual sketching techniques, orthographic projection, Third vs. Frist angle projection, multi-view drawings, dimensioning practices (ASME Y14.5-2009 standard), line type, fit type, tolerance, fasteners in general, general thread notes and the history of CAD leading to the development of SolidWorks.
In Chapter 4 through Chapter 8, you apply engineering graphics fundamentals and learn the SolidWorks User Interface, Document and System properties, simple parts, simple and complex assemblies, design tables, configurations, multi-sheet, multi-view drawings, Bill of Materials, Revision tables, basic and advanced features. Follow the step-by-step instructions in over 80 activities to develop eight parts, four sub-assemblies, three drawings, and six document templates. Formulate the skills to create and modify solid features to model a FLASHLIGHT assembly.
Chapter 9 provides a bonus section on the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) program with sample exam questions and initial and final SolidWorks models. Passing the CSWA exam proves to employers that you have the necessary fundamental engineering graphics and SolidWorks competencies.
Review individual features, commands, and tools for each project using the video instruction and SolidWorks Help. The chapter exercises analyze and examine usage competencies based on the project objectives. The book is designed to complement the SolidWorks Tutorials located in the SolidWorks Help menu.
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each project. Know your objectives up front. Follow the step-by step procedures to achieve your design goals. Work between multiple documents, features, commands, and properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SolidWorks in industry. The author developed the industry scenarios by combining his own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, vendors, and manufacturers.
These professionals are directly involved with SolidWorks every day. Their responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model.
Table of Contents
- History of Engineering Graphics
- Isometric Projection and Multi View Drawings
- Dimensioning Practices, Scales, Tolerancing and Fasteners
- Introduction to SolidWorks Part Modeling
- Revolved Features
- Swept, Lofted, and Additional Features
- Assembly Modeling
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Introduction to the Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam
- Amazon Sales Rank: #872425 in Books
- Published on: 2014-01-24
- Ingredients: Example Ingredients
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 10.75" h x 8.25" w x 1.25" l, 2.77 pounds
- Binding: Perfect Paperback
- 500 pages
From the Author
Classroom support materials for this book (presentations, projects, avi files, labs, quizzes, and initial and final SolidWorks model files) are available to instructors.
About the Author
David Planchard is the founder of D&M Education LLC. Before starting D&M Education, he spent over 27 years in industry and academia holding various engineering, marketing, and teaching positions and degrees. He holds five U.S. patents. He has published and authored numerous papers on Machine Design, Book Design, Mechanics of Materials, and Solid Modeling. He is an active member of the SolidWorks Users Group and the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE). David holds a BSME, MSM with the following professional certifications: CCAI, CCNP, CSDA, CSWSA-FEA, CSWP, CSWP-DRWT and SolidWorks Accredited Educator. David is a SolidWorks Solution Partner, an Adjunct Faculty member and the SAE advisor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in the Mechanical Engineering department.
David Planchard is the author of the following books:
- A Commands Guide for SolidWorks® 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
- Assembly Modeling with SolidWorks® 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2005-2004, 2003 and 2001Plus
- Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks® 2014, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002 and 2001/2001Plus
- Engineering Design with SolidWorks® and Video Instruction 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001Plus, 2001 and 1999
- Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks® and Video Instruction 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- SolidWorks® The Basics with Multimedia CD 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 and 2003
- SolidWorks® Tutorial with Video Instruction 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2001/2001Plus
- The Fundamentals of SolidWorks®: Featuring the VEXplorer robot, 2008 and 2007
- Official Certified SolidWorks® Associate Examination Guide, Version 4: 2012, 2011, 2010, Version 3: 2011, 2010, 2009, Version 2: 2010, 2009, 2008, Version 1: 2007
- Official Certified SolidWorks® Professional (CSWP) Certification Guide with Video Instruction, Version 2: 2013, 2012, Version 1: 2011, 2010
- Official Guide to Certified SolidWorks Associate Exams: CSWA, CSDA, and CSWSA-FEA, Version 1: 2013, 2012
- Applications in Sheet Metal Using Pro/SHEETMETAL & Pro/ENGINEER
Most helpful customer reviews
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
By Payphone Jones
Very informative step by step directions that build towards a fairly complicated final project.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
its great, also great for learning by yourselve as
Using it for solidworks class, its great , also great for learning by yourselve as well
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
Excellent price and quality that didn't reek of college bookstore highway robbery via $75+ textbook for something new.