| || |
Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks 2015 and Video Instruction
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(5 customer reviews)
Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks 2015 and video instruction is written to assist technical school, two year college, four year university instructor/student or industry professional that is a beginner or intermediate SolidWorks user. The book combines the fundamentals of engineering graphics and dimensioning practices with a step-by-step project based approach to learning SolidWorks with video instructions. Learn by doing, not just by reading.
The book is divided into two parts: Engineering Graphics and SolidWorks 3D CAD software. In Chapter 1 through Chapter 3, you explore the history of engineering graphics, manual sketching techniques, orthographic projection, Third vs. First angle projection, multi-view drawings, dimensioning practices (ASME Y14.5-2009 standard), line type, fit type, tolerance, fasteners in general, general thread notes and the history of CAD leading to the development of SolidWorks.
In Chapter 4 through Chapter 8, you apply engineering graphics fundamentals and learn the SolidWorks User Interface, Document and System properties, simple parts, simple and complex assemblies, design tables, configurations, multi-sheet, multi-view drawings, Bill of Materials, Revision tables, basic and advanced features. Follow the step-by-step instructions in over 80 activities to develop eight parts, four sub-assemblies, three drawings, and six document templates. Formulate the skills to create and modify solid features to model a FLASHLIGHT assembly.
Chapter 9 provides a bonus section on the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) program with sample exam questions and initial and final SolidWorks models. Passing the CSWA exam proves to employers that you have the necessary fundamental engineering graphics and SolidWorks competencies.
Review individual features, commands, and tools for each project using the video instruction and SolidWorks Help. The chapter exercises analyze and examine usage competencies based on the project objectives. The book is designed to complement the SolidWorks Tutorials located in the SolidWorks Help menu.
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each project. Know your objectives up front. Follow the step-by step procedures to achieve your design goals. Work between multiple documents, features, commands, and properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SolidWorks in industry. The author developed the industry scenarios by combining his own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, vendors, and manufacturers.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
1. History of Engineering Graphics
2. Isometric Projection and Multi View Drawings
3. Dimensioning Practices, Scales, Tolerancing and Fasteners
4. Introduction to SolidWorks Part Modeling
5. Revolved Features
6. Swept, Lofted, and Additional Features
7. Assembly Modeling
8. Fundamentals of Drawing
9. Introduction to the Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1005869 in Books
- Published on: 2015-01-15
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 10.75" h x 8.25" w x 1.00" l,
- Binding: Perfect Paperback
- 550 pages
About the Author
David Planchard is the founder of D&M Education LLC. Before starting D&M Education, he spent over 27 years in industry and academia holding various engineering, marketing, and teaching positions. He holds five U.S. patents. He has published and authored numerous papers on Machine Design, Book Design, Mechanics of Materials, and Solid Modeling. He is an active member of the SolidWorks Users Group and the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE). David holds a BSME, MSM with the following professional certifications: CCAI, CCNP, CSDA, CSWSA-FEA, CSWP, CSWP-DRWT and SolidWorks Accredited Educator. David is a SolidWorks Solution Partner, an Adjunct Faculty member and the SAE advisor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in the Mechanical Engineering department. In 2014, David s senior Major Qualifying Project team won the Provost award in Mechanical Engineering at WPI for design excellence.
David Planchard is the author of the following books:
- SolidWorks® 2015 Reference Guide, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
- Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks® 2014, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002 and 2001/2001Plus
- Engineering Design with SolidWorks® and Video Instruction 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001Plus, 2001 and 1999
- Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks® and Video Instruction 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- SolidWorks® 2015 in 5 Hours with Video Instruction, 2014
- SolidWorks® Tutorial with Video Instruction 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2001/2001Plus
- Official Certified SolidWorks® Associate Examination Guide, Version 4: 2012, 2011, 2010, Version 3: 2011, 2010, 2009, Version 2: 2010, 2009, 2008, Version 1: 2007
- Official Certified SolidWorks® Professional (CSWP) Certification Guide with Video Instruction, Version 3: 2014 -2012, Version 2: 2013, 2012, Version 1: 2011, 2010
- Official Guide to Certified SolidWorks Associate Exams: CSWA, CSDA, and CSWSA-FEA, Version 2: 2015-2012, Version 1: 2013, 2012
- Assembly Modeling with SolidWorks® 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2005-2004, 2003 and 2001Plus
- Applications in Sheet Metal Using Pro/SHEETMETAL & Pro/ENGINEER
Most helpful customer reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
I hate it. Professor's book class
I hate it. Professor's book class. When I asked him questions and to his assistant, they said to just follow the book's instructions. So, I guess the book could substitute a Professor or could be used for an online class.
Personally I find this book boring and puts me to sleep and since the professor and assistant didn't want to help I failed the class.
Go ahead if you can focus and go through pages and pages.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
This book is great, it really breaks down the steps and provides ...
By David Berlin
This book is great, it really breaks down the steps and provides a clear process for achieving the desired result. I've only noticed a few discrepancies between the steps and the actual application of the steps.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
the book is the one a needed and got here super fast. 5 stars for this baby
By Amazon Customer
Not much to say here, the book is the one a needed and got here super fast. 5 stars for this baby