| || |
Practice Problems for the Mechanical Engineering PE Exam, 13th Ed (Comprehensive Practice for the Mechanical Pe Exam)
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(27 customer reviews)
Practice Problems for the Mechanical Engineering PE Exam contains over 850 problems designed to reinforce your knowledge of the topics presented in the Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual. Over 300 new stand-alone, multiple-choice problems are designed to be solved in six-minute or less. These demonstrate the format of the NCEES Mechanical PE exam, and focus on individual engineering concepts. The remaining 550 problems are longer and more complex, challenging your skills in identifying and applying related engineering concepts.
"A 6-minute zinger illustrates the exam format. The harder problems teach you engineering." -Michael R. Lindeburg, PE
Solutions are clearly written, complete, and easy to follow. U.S. customary and SI units are equally supported, and units are meticulously identified and carried through in all calculations. Frequent references to figures, tables, equations, and appendices in the Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual will direct you to relevant support material.
Prepare for the Mechanical PE Exam by Solving Problems—The More Problems, the Better
- 851 practice problems covering the topics on the Mechanical PE exam
- Complete step-by-step solutions
- SI and U.S. Customary units used throughout
- Chapters that correspond to those in the Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual
- 6 chapters with new material
- 47 chapters with revisions to existing material
- 301 new stand-alone, multiple choice exam-like problems
- 74 updated problems
- Dynamics and Vibrations: Kinematics; Kinetics; Power Transmission Systems; Vibrating Systems
- Materials: Engineering Materials Properties and Testing; Thermal Treatment of Metals
- Fluids: Fluid Properties; Fluid Statics; Fluid Flow Parameters; Fluid Dynamics; Hydraulic Machines
- Power Cycles: Vapor, Combustion, and Nuclear Power Cycles; Refrigeration and Gas Compression Cycles
- HVAC: Psychrometrics; Fans, Ductwork, and Ventilation; Heating and Cooling Loads; Air Conditioning Systems
- Heat Transfer: Natural Convection; Evaporation; Condensation; Forced Convection; Radiation
- Machine Design: Basic and Advanced Machine Design; Pressure Vessels
- Thermodynamics: Inorganic Chemistry; Fuels and Combustion; Properties of Substances
- Control Systems: Modeling and Analysis of Engineering Systems
- Plant Engineering: Manufacturing Processes; Instrumentation and Measurements; Materials Handling and Processing; Fire Protection Systems; Environmental Pollutants and Remediation; Hazardous Material Storage and Disposal
- Fundamentals: Math Review; Probability; Statics; Engineering Economic Analysis
- Law and Ethics: Engineering Law; Ethics
- Amazon Sales Rank: #34147 in Books
- Brand: Brand: Professional Publications, Inc.
- Published on: 2013-04-15
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 11.00" h x 1.50" w x 8.50" l, 4.05 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 584 pages
- Used Book in Good Condition
Most helpful customer reviews
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Helpful for the PE, but definitely find other practice problems/tests too!
By K. Fraser
I don't think this book is as good as the practice exams that are available, but it's still useful study material. The practice problems are at all different levels and not all of them are representative of what's on the test... but that is nice when you're very weak in a particular subject. You can work your way up to the last few problems in a section, which are usually the complex ones.The solutions are easy to follow and worked in both SI and English units (keep in mind PE is mostly English units). There are a few errors, but that's pretty typical in all solution manuals. I hear the later versions of the book have fixed most of the errors.
I'm glad I rented this for the PE, but it I would not recommend *only* studying out of this. I probably used it as 40% of my review problems.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
The best training material for the Mechanical PE exam
This book offers a very comprehensive list of practice problems for the Mechanical PE exam. Most problems are more complex than the exam ones, but this helped me to train my brain to solve them faster. I didn't feel it was necessary to solve all problems but I was able to focus on the specific subjects I wanted. This book was really helpful and helped me to pass on the Mechanical PE exam.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
Preferred 6-minute Solutions
The thing about this book is many of the problems take an hour, and they don't say which. It can be quite discouraging to think you should be finishing a huge problem in 6 minutes only to have it take you an hour plus. Also, it takes up more of your precious study time. This edition is simply no longer appropriate as preparation for the exam. 6-minute Solutions is superior in that if you can solve those problems in a few minutes, you will have a good shot at the exam. I passed on the first try.