| || |
Solar Power Demystified: The Beginners Guide To Solar Power, Energy Independence And Lower Bills
Average customer review:
(163 customer reviews)
It reveals you the reasons why photovoltaic solar panels are continuing to gain worldwide popularity and are becoming more important as a source of renewable energy.
You can see the question "To go or not to go solar?" discussed in its practical aspects.
Furthermore you are advised what kind of solar electric system you need and how to evaluate whether your home is 'solar-ready' or not
You are also introduced to the basics of photovoltaics and to the main types of solar electric systems and their components.
The book is intended to provide basic information to everyone who makes first steps in the world of photovoltaics and needs the matter explained in an easy-to-understand and straightforward way.
The book exposes:
- Photovoltaics in the world of renewable energy
- Advantages of photovoltaics in a summary
- Why are photovoltaics continuing to gain worldwide popularity?
- Why is the cost of photovoltaics decreasing?
- Drawbacks of photovoltaics
- What are the main applications of solar electric systems?
- To go or not to go solar - that is the question!
- Some issues to consider before going solar
- Why would you need a solar electric system?
- Don't go solar before reading this!
- What kind of solar electric system do you need?
- How big solar electric system do you need?
- How to finance the cost of your solar electric system?
- Financial incentives
- Is your building solar-ready?
- How to assess your location for solar resource?
- Why the condition of your roof does matter
- Free solar panels
- Solar power for business owners
- Energy efficiency above all
- How to improve the energy efficiency of your building
- The basics of solar power
- Solar electric systems
- Grid-connected solar electric systems
- Stand-alone (off-grid) solar electric systems
- Advantages and drawbacks of stand-alone systems
- Why are off-grid systems attractive?
- Main applications of stand-alone solar electric systems
- Selecting your solar vendor
- What to be careful about
- Published on: 2015-03-05
- Released on: 2015-03-05
- Format: Kindle eBook
Most helpful customer reviews
20 of 20 people found the following review helpful.
Teaser ebook.. No substance
Ad with no substance.. Link to "pay for" content
13 of 13 people found the following review helpful.
Don't waste your time
By David H.
The book is worth exactly what I paid... $0. The first half seems to just be ads for their other books. The second half is just all the things that any somewhat informed person already knows about solar. No practical information, no specifics. Just general background information. Don't waste your time.
10 of 10 people found the following review helpful.
Not much de-mystifying going on here, another blog post to book project ?
Lots of general blabla that a simple internet search does reveal as well. I got it for 0 dollars on sale, but it was still non memorable and little informative. If it would have cost money, I would have been upset.
I had hoped for an explanation of how exactly solar power works (schematics, electrical flow, component analysis, set up ect) - not much demystifying going on here