| || |
Estimating in Building Construction
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(17 customer reviews)
The only complete, up-to-date guide to estimating modern building construction projects -- now updated, expanded, and incorporating many additional workbook problems.
Now updated and expanded, Estimating in Building Construction, Eighth Edition, brings together everything needed for a complete, modern course in estimating. Building on well-proven previous editions, it combines sound coverage of principles with step-by-step procedures to help students learn concepts more easily. Ideal for construction, architecture, and engineering students, it reflects the popular approach of tracking a complete project's progress. There are examples of estimating portions of the building that many General Contractors perform, and thorough coverage of the use of specialty subcontractors. This edition adds a new discussion of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and more detailed discussions of estimating equipment cost, electrical, plumbing (including fire sprinklers), and HVAC. For convenience and cost savings, workbook problems that accompanied the previous edition have been incorporated into the book.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This book will help construction, architecture, and engineering students quickly master today's best practices for estimating building construction projects. It provides:
- Extensive examples and problems designed to link theory to practice: Helps students deepen the judgment skills they will need to succeed in real-world estimating
- Expanded and updated coverage of today's key challenges and techniques–Helps students master the latest industry practices and standards, and utilize key innovations such as Building Information Modeling
- Includes extensive reference resources for professional estimating: Gives students resources they can rely on throughout their careers, from sample specifications to spreadsheets
- Amazon Sales Rank: #155014 in Books
- Published on: 2014-03-02
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 10.90" h x .70" w x 8.50" l, 1.90 pounds
- Binding: Hardcover
- 360 pages
Most helpful customer reviews
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.
By Allyson Fischer
Online version is difficult to work with. Online support when problems are encountered is unresponsive.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
Missing the CD and Plans
By darren m driskill
I bought this book new for a course I'm currently enrolled in. The CD and plans, needed to complete the chapter review question, did not come with the book.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
By Dayna Bertaut