| || |
How to Estimate with Means Data and CostWorks: Learn How to Estimate Using the Nation's Most Recognized Construction Cost Data with CD
(6 customer reviews)
This step-by-step guide takes you through all the major construction items – now with expanded coverage of site work, concrete and masonry, wood and metal framing, doors and windows, finish work and roofing. A new chapter provides professional estimating guidance for plumbing (including fire suppression), mechanical and electrical. Over 300 estimating exercises show you, in detail, how to estimate for a broad range of construction items and systems – including how to calculate general conditions and equipment costs.
Additional features include:
- Expert advice on preliminary or design-stage estimates, such as when and how to use Assemblies and Square Foot estimating techniques
- Tips from professional practitioners, including widely used formulas and rules of thumb.
- Guidance on how to use the features of CostWorks Estimator
Includes a fully functional instructional version of Building Construction Cost Data CD-ROM. Learn how to export your cost lists to a spreadsheet, or customize them using CostWorks Estimator. The CD also includes:
- Cost data organized according to the 2004 CSI MasterFormat numbering system
- Two sets of plans (residential and light commercial) to practice your estimating techniques in the context of an actual project
- Fully worked-out solutions to sample estimating problems
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1478301 in Books
- Brand: Brand: RS Means
- Published on: 2006-01-01
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 11.00" h x .60" w x 8.50" l, 1.45 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 274 pages
- Used Book in Good Condition
About the Author
Saleh A. Mubarak holds a Ph.D. in civil engineering / construction management from Clemson University and a M.Sc. in civil engineering / structures from Ohio University. He has over 22 years of diversified experience. He worked as a professor, consultant, project controls manager, project scheduler, cost estimator, structural engineer, and civil engineer. His experience includes academics as well as the construction industry. He is the author of two books and an international authority in project planning, scheduling, cost estimating, and project control. He is an active member of several professional organizations such as PMI and AACE International. He continues to conduct professional seminars on several topics around the world. Currently, he is the head of the Civil & Architectural Engineering Department at Qatar University.
Most helpful customer reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
definitely useful now and a great bargain
I needed this book 35 years ago! Oh well, definitely useful now and a great bargain. Quick service.
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
By Navyashree Raghoji
The book was a great price and was in great shape and the great thing was that it came along with the CD!
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
great deal. Thanks