| || |
Estimating and Cost Planning Using the New Rules of Measurement
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
The RICS New Rules of Measurement mean that the construction industry now has a way of allowing a more consistent approach to the measurement and estimating of buildings from the start of a project, right through until the end, and beyond.
Estimating and cost planning using the New Rules of Measurement offers comprehensive guidance on all the technical competencies concerned with estimating throughout the precontract stages. It provides a full commentary to the NRM, with detailed and comprehensive examples of how to measure estimates and cost plans in accordance with this new prescriptive approach.
For both students and practitioners, the acquisition of technical competencies is by practice so this book offers step-by-step worked examples to follow as well as an exercise on each topic.
• helps dispel anxieties about using a new method in an important area of fee generation
• based on the author’s successful Roadshows, organised by the RICS to promote the NRM
• companion websites provide support for learning: http://ostrowskiquantities.com and www.wiley.com/go/ostrowski/estimating
- Amazon Sales Rank: #4718644 in Books
- Published on: 2013-09-10
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.70" h x .43" w x 7.50" l, 1.05 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 214 pages
About the Author
Sean Ostrowski (BSc PhD PGCHE FRICS FCIOB FCIArb) is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and has practised in the full range of quantity surveying services for over 30 years, specialising in the field of dispute resolution for both the professional and contracting sectors. He has been a lecturer at London South Bank University for several years.
Most helpful customer reviewsSee all customer reviews...