| || |
Estimating and Tendering for Construction Work
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from and sold by Fairview Books
Estimators need to understand the consequences of entering into a contract, often defined by complex conditions and documents, as well as to appreciate the technical requirements of the project. Estimating and Tendering for Construction Work, 5th edition, explains the job of the estimator through every stage, from early cost studies to the creation of budgets for successful tenders.This new edition reflects recent developments in the field and covers:
- new tendering and procurement methods
- the move from basic estimating to cost-planning and the greater emphasis placed on partnering and collaborative working
- the New Rules of Measurement (NRM1 and 2), and examines ways in which practicing estimators are implementing the guidance
- emerging technologies such as BIM (Building Information Modelling) and estimating systems which can interact with 3D design models
- Amazon Sales Rank: #4328190 in Books
- Brand: imusti
- Published on: 2016-07-28
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.50" h x 7.50" w x .75" l, .0 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 356 pages
"This book is… an authority on the common practice in our industry, specifically in the areas of estimating and tendering and is produced by a senior member of our industry, whose expertise and standing … is long established."
About the Author
Martin Brook has over 39 years’ experience as a contractor’s estimator and lecturer teaching pre-contract studies to technician and undergraduate construction courses. He is currently Cost Planning Consultant at Carillion Construction working with teams tendering for design and build, PPP projects and partnering contracts. His experience extends to tendering for construction projects in the UK, the Middle East and Canada. He was responsible for writing the 6th edition of the CIOB Code of Estimating Practice.
Most helpful customer reviewsSee all customer reviews...