What is a Change Order?
- refrred to as Variation
in the F.I.D.C Conditions of Contract - is an addition or deduction to the original scope of woks that was agreed at the time of signing the contract. It may alter the amount of the contract and/or the time required to complete the works.
Additional work in most cases shall be accepted by Contractors as they lead to additional profit.
However, ommisions from the original scope of work may entitle the Contractor to claim loss of profit.
AIA Document G701 Style
Fill in the form below with Change Order
data and submit to create a P.D.F
file in the Standard
Document G701 Format
, that you can print, attach to an email, or save to
This On-line service is limited to details up to 10 sub-items for each Change
Order. (As you see below the table of modification details
has only 10 rows for
- You can save your data and return back any time, either to update your
data, or to edit a new Change Order, without having to retype shared fields,
such as Project name, Contractor name,...etc
Note: Data are saved as local storage for browsers supporting this feature
of HTML5, and as Cookies for Browsers that do not support local storage such
as Internet Explorer.
View a sample Change Order Form
output in P.D.F format. [To install Adobe Reader, please visit the Adobe.com website
Variations and Adjustment to Contract Price
- Change Orders or Variations to the Contract may be issued by the Architect/Engineer at any time prior to issuing the Taking Over Certificate for the works, either by an instruction or by a request for the Contractor to submit a proposal. [ F.I.D.I.C Conditions of Contract
for Construction for Building and Engineering works designed by the Employer. ]
- The American Institute of Architects necessitates signatures of all parties to the Contract, in the A.I.A G701 form, in order to yield it a valid document.
- Variations to the Contract are usually evaluated on the same principles of the B.O.Q
cost estimating, but the breakdown, in this case, is shown to all parties for agreement.
- Variations to the Contract and their subsequent adjustment in the contract sum are regularly shown in the Contractor's Application for Payment and Certification.
Other Contractor Forms